Release of Liability Disclosure
A Cut Above, LLC (ACA) uses safety deflectors on our mowers to minimize the possibility of any debris from damaging you or your property. ACA also does their best to check for debris and other objects that may cause or be damaged before each service. However, ACA is not responsible financially or otherwise for any repairs or damage (personnel or property) for items (man-made or natural) that we were not aware of, including items that were not removed beforehand by the customer.
The customer agrees it is their responsibility to ensure that the service area is cleared of debris or other objects prior to ACA rendering services. These items may include, but not be limited to; any object(s) partially or completely exposed such as; hoses, toys, ornaments, decorations, irrigation systems, invisible dog fences, pipes, metal, rocks and/or sticks. This also includes but not limited to unmarked or shallow wires, pipes, or cables such as internet providers, utility companies, telephone, irrigation systems, landscaping lighting systems, regardless if provided by a secondary source or not.
Turf that is planted or grown too close / touching any object such as a mailbox, fence post, siding or any other structure, may be accidentally damaged when trimming or cutting. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all turf is at least 6” back from the area that it’s touching, or adding a layer of protection to the surface area of the object. In ACA’s sole determination we may avoid trimming those areas described to avoid possible damage. If so, the customer agrees that ACA may leave those areas uncut and must claim that the services have been completed.
As a courtesy reminder, ACA sends every customer a Pre-Service Dispatch Notification providing our customers advanced notice of your service date. It is encouraged that customers take advantage of our reminder to check their property for the items mentioned above and that pets and children are a safe distance from the heavy equipment. The financial cost and repair(s) for damages as described above are the sole responsibility of the customers and by accepting our services the customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless A Cut Above for personal injury, death, loss or damage of property.
Lawn Mowing Service Disclaimers
- A Cut Above customers have the option to request for us to skip the weekly cut by replying to the email notification OR submitting a ticket from within our Client Portal (24 hour notice is needed to process a skip request). Since skipping usually leads to excessive turf overgrowth, requesting a skip voids all A Cut Above quality guarantees for the next cut. A Cut Above reserves the right to cancel agreements for accounts who skip their mowing service more than 4 times in one year. We also reserve the right to double charge for the next service if the grass is long after a recent skip request (This is non-negotiable and 100% at our discretion).
If our crews arrive and the work has already been completed by someone else, or you turn them away, we reserve the right to still charge for the service due to costs involved with traveling to the site.
The equipment used on your lawn is determined and quoted by our expert landscapers, therefore for any request for customized equipment usage on a property it will be quoted separately and must be requested at least 24 hours prior to service for approval of a new customized bill rate.
We do not bag/remove grass clippings from the property. Our machines are equipped with "Mulching Blades" which are designed to chop the clippings into fine pieces and redistribute back into the lawn as a natural fertilizer. Due to the high costs involved with dump fees, A Cut Above can remove the clippings upon request starting at an additional charge of $149 per instance (larger properties may require a custom quote).
Please remove pet waste from the yard before your scheduled service. We reserve the right to skip the service, and still charge, if your lawn technician determines there is too much pet waste on the property.
We mow every 7 days during Spring/Fall and every 7-10 days during the hot Summer months, weather permitting.
A Cut Above is not responsible for turf damage caused by our equipment due to the lawn being too wet at the time of service. If the customer feels the lawn is too wet to cut they have the right to request to be skipped and we'll be back during the next round/rotation. If our mowers create any mud stains/ruts due to the lawn being wet your crew leader will apply seed to the area at the end of the service to promote new growth. 99% of mud stains/ruts are superficial and the areas will come back quickly, usually after the next rain. Please note that we need at least 24 hours notice to process a skip request. We also reserve the right to double charge for the next service if the grass is long after a recent skipped service (This is non-negotiable and 100% at our discretion).
A Cut Above reserves the right to double charge if the property is overgrown and we are forced to double/triple cut the turf. Most of the time the need to double charge is only enforced during the first service for new customers, or if the lawn was skipped in previous weeks.
For "1 Month of Mowing" service option: No Skipping Cuts and/or Saving Cuts For Later. This is intended to be a short term solution across consecutive 4 weeks. Also, we do not bag grass clippings with our mowing service. We charge $149+ per instance of bagging requests (due to related disposal fees).
Seasonal A Cut Above Mower Deck Heights
- March 15 - June 15th: 3 inches
- June 16th - Sept 1st: 3.5 inches
- Sept 2nd- Dec 1st: 3 inches
Lawn Fertilizer Service Disclaimer
- The program does not include treatments for fungus or turf disease but we can provide a quote for such treatments as needed.
- For the program to be successful it's important that the customer waters the turf areas appropriately throughout the year. A Cut Above is not responsible for any damage caused by lack of or too much watering.
- Please keep off the lawn for 24 hours after each service, except for quick potty breaks for animals, to allow for the application to completely absorb into the turf/soil.
- A "flag" left in the front yard by your technician confirms that the turf areas around the property have been treated recently.
NOTE: Lawn fertilizer materials are only dangerous if/when directly ingested, which is never a risk when using our service. We're licensed by the state to safely apply these materials as needed throughout the year. The 24 hour period after the service is just for allowing the materials to completely absorb.
Cleanup/Landscaping Service Disclaimers
Treated areas should expect no weed growth for 2-4 weeks after each visit. Any weed development after 4 weeks is not covered under warranty and will require a charge to return and treat.
Tree trimming is not included with our cleanup services. Small tree work can be performed at an additional fee and upon request only. For larger tree work we can refer you to a tree contractor.
Our goal is to install between 1″-2″ of fresh mulch during our cleanups. If you go too deep with the mulch it can damage the plant material, and if it’s too thin it won’t provide enough protection. 1″-2″ is generally accepted as standard for our area (See the USDA Plant Hardiness Map).
Spring, Fall, and One Time Cleanups include a certain amount of freshly installed mulch per your property size. If your property needs more than the allotted amount we charge $40 per additional cubic yard of mulch installed during the cleanup and will be billed upon completion of the service. Please see allotted amounts below:
- Under 1/8 Acre Property: 5 cubic yards
- 1/8th Acre Property: 6 cubic yards
- 1/4 Acre Property: 7 cubic yards
- 3/8 Acre Property: 8 cubic yards
- 1/2 Acre Property: 9 cubic yards
Snow/Ice Service Disclaimers
- A Cut Above will exercise reasonable care to avoid damage to pavement, curbs, trees, and shrubs. However, the contractor is not responsible for any damage to landscaping caused by the piling of snow or, any damage to items that are snow-covered or not visible.
- The Client understands that the service may not clear the area 100% and that slippery conditions may continue to prevail even after the service has occurred. The Client understands that the A Cut Above assumes no liability for this naturally occurring condition.
- The Client understands that snow shoveling, by its very nature, involves pushing a plastic blade over the surface of the pavement/sidewalk/walkway. If your pavement/sidewalk/walkway area is defective, deteriorated, weakened, frost heaved, or, was installed improperly, the results of this previous damage are more likely to appear after the service is completed. A Cut Above is not responsible for any damages for these reasons.
- Any items/vehicles left in the work area are at risk of being damaged during the service. We try our very best to perform the service with the utmost care, but having a clear work space is the only way to guarantee no damages occur. A Cut Above is not responsible for damages if the item/vehicle is in the work area during the service.
- MAG® is safer for concrete. The use of most ice melt solutions can result in damage to concrete sidewalks and driveways. So when you choose or recommend a premium ice melt for concrete, keep this in mind: Independent tests conducted by the National Research Council’s Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP) show that other products caused significantly more chipping and scaling than MAG®. Two additional independent tests by the Virginia Department of Transportation and the Swedish VTI confirm SHRP’s findings that MAG® is significantly safer on concrete.
Plant Warranty Info
We do not offer a warranty on any sod, plants, or trees installed. However, if your newly installed plants are struggling please contact us as soon as possible so that we can help diagnose and resolve any issues (under or over watering is usually the culprit). Upon completion of your service we'll provide you with information about properly watering the plant material installed.
Scope of Work Disclaimer
Any extra work requested to be performed outside of the original scope of work will be billed at an additional $150 per hour (two hour minimum) and will be due upon completion of the service. Or, you may contact the office for a separate custom quote.
Due to scheduling issues, any extra work requests outside of the original scope may require a secondary visit.
Acceptance Terms/Cancellation Policy
Acceptance Of Proposal The quoted prices, specifications, and conditions are satisfactory and are hereby accepted and A Cut Above is authorized to do the work as specified. Seller reserves the right to make any corrections to prices quoted due to ...
A Cut Above strives to provide the quickest and most accurate quotes in our industry. While other lawn & landscaping firms have extensive waiting periods before you can even get an idea of what your service will cost, we provide instant and same day ...
Advertised sales are only available when adding new or additional services. The discounted sale price is not intended to allow existing customers to reduce the pricing of services already on account. You may, however, extend existing prepaid programs ...
Residential Snow Removal and Deicing FAQs
Can you explain the whole process? Sure! The first step is signing up and prepaying for the next snow/ice storm. This reserves your spot on the route and allows us to purchase the necessary materials in advance. As the next storm approaches, we'll ...
One Time Cleanup FAQs
What's included with a One Time Cleanup? Weeding and re-edging of existing flower beds, trimming of shrubs/hedges, fresh mulch applied, leaf/small debris removal (pre-emergent herbicide is applied to flower beds before mulching during spring time ...